Friday, July 8, 2011

Last of Barca and Lisbon

Having already tackled most of the monuments and attractions in barca, I am going to elaborate more on the nightlife experiences... Chupitos is a specialty bar on the coastline of Barcelona it offers over 500 different shots and all for 2 euros. This was the start of our 4th of july night. Including myself there were only two americans in our group this made the USA chants less loud but the passion wasnt lacking. We had red white and blue colored shots and also fun specialty shots such as the harry potter shot. Moving on to the clubs along the waterfront we staked out a piece of the beach for a bit before going into club shoko to dance. Our group consisted of mostly canadians and australians, Ive enjoyed my stay in barcelona more because of these people. HelloBCN hostel was amazing, the staff was fun and friendly including the australian bar tenders who took us out each night. The place was amazing and I will surely have a return stay here when I am in Barcelona next.

Lisbon, reminds me a lot of san fran. A coastal city with lots of hills, beautiful summer weather, and a prominent trolley transit system. At this point of the trip I really am overloaded with doing touristy things and wanted to enjoy a more laid back experience. There are no famous monuments in Lisbon but the atmosphere and the people are amazing. Most of my time has been spent socializing at the hostel.

Arriving in town late I met my suite mates which were all from NYU dentist school, it was there last night and they wouldnt let me not go out with them on the pub crawl. It turned out to be a very fun night, these smart girls could really let loose. The next day was spent recovering at the beach, a pleasant day except for the small sand particles which blew into my camera...a 40 euro fix at a local photography shop : ( The beaches were tropical and amazing this includes the protugese women who occupied them...awesome.

Today was spent with a group of 6 French canadian girls 2 scottish guys and one hawaiin exploring the town of sintra north of lisbon. Ive met loads of individuals all traveling for different reasons and on different life paths. Its very interesting to compare the language, cultural and demeanor differences between them. Tonight will be more of the same as it is my last night in Lisbon, no sleep for me as my flight leaves at 7:10 am for Madrid. I will have one night there before Pat and Mike arrive on Sunday.

One last bit about traveling alone, you truly are never alone. People are friendly and it is harder to not make friends than to be social and make new friends. Communication is key, in any situation if you can vocalize how you feel it attracts others to you. Its been a life changing time which has showed me a lot about myself and what I am capable of doing. The journey is halfway done but there is still so many more good experiences to come, lets hope my bank account can withstand it! ha

No comments:

Post a Comment