Saturday, July 2, 2011

More Barca

Forgive me for this post is long overdue, Im going to touch on the highlights of my past couple days.

The Magic fountain was truly amazing, it sits at the bottom of the large National Palace monument. Sitting up on the railings and steps were thousands of people young and old gathering to see a view of the ¨magic¨ fountain. Much like the belagio fountain in Las Vegas water shoots out to the a sound track and also illuminates with color once the sun goes down.

One of the main differences between barcelona and the usa, has been the women beachgoers who cant seem to find their top. I spent the hotter part of my day laying out at the beach and found this out first hand.

After a one night break from going out, I was encouraged by my swiss roomates to join them at la sperrrezza. This night club was bussing people at midnightt so the pregame began at KabulÅ› with some wine, heinekin and foosball. This continued to the world famous chupitos shot bar for 2 euro shots, my favorite being the ¨harry potter¨ The alcohol was mixed and then lit on fire and cinnamon is added for a sparkling effect, very cool. That night ended as the sun came up, the first of many all nighters.

I have been able to cover most of the city sights. One that I particularly enjoyed was the Gaudi Casa Mila La pedera. Its an apartment complex designed using contours found in nature. Everything about the place was unconventional. from the terraces to the rooftops it was unlike anything I had seen before. A true artist Gaudi was borderline genius/madman.

I have hit the halfway point for my time in barca, razzmatazz is on schedule for tonight, more to come on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment